Location: Michigan, Indiana, Western OH Territory
Who we are
Since 1965, Cordstrap has been the world leader in cargo protection. Our mission is to keep the world’s cargo safe by providing products and solutions that ensure our customers’ assets are secure when shipping via rail, sea, road, and air.
With multiple international manufacturing locations and operations in over 50 countries worldwide, Cordstrap combines a powerful product suite with a collaborative approach. We offer the best quality training, application expertise, and legislative insights for our customers’ staff. As a result, over 25,000 businesses worldwide trust Cordstrap solutions to secure their valuable cargo for domestic and international shipping challenges.
The Account Manager will cover a 2-3 state territory, managing retention, and growth. This territory will generate $3.2MM in revenue this year, with the opportunity for double-digit growth YOY using virtual and F2F cross-selling and new business development. Additionally, this person is responsible for driving this growth within their established territory, ensuring that you meet customer needs. This position works from a home-based office and reports to a Sales Director.
- Maintain and build strong relationships with new and current customers
- Take immediate action on any customer to ensure retention of business and growth
- Increase market share in the designated geographic area through account management and new business development.
- Generate new customers and actively introduce Company solutions and applications as a solution to their needs
- Partner with National Account Managers and Segment Teams to launch, grow, and retain Multi-Location Accounts
- Become a cargo securing expert by learning relevant legislation and regulations and how that affects the solutions we offer our clients
- Utilize consultative selling to demonstrate the total cost of ownership reduction to customers
- Implement value-added programs and critical measurements that align the customer’s business objectives and our core value proposition
- Detailed and timely follow-up on marketing initiatives
- Maintain accurate customer information through daily use of CRM
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of B2B sales experience required
- Ability to perform professional demonstrations of product applications in a virtual & field-based environment
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and work in various industrial environments
- Ability to work independently and is a self-starter
- Ability to sell from the Board Room to shop
- Exceptional time management, organizational, and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal, and virtual, and F2F presentation skills
- Strong outgoing sales personality and ability to work in a collaborative environment when needed
- Additional traits: flexible, creative, and motivated
- Proven track record for exceeding sales targets
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Teams, and CRM tools
- Uses virtual and F2F selling tools for account retention, cross-selling, new business development
- The ability to travel within your assigned territory with little overnight travel expected
What’s on offer
Competitive base salary, bonus with quarterly payments, monthly car allowance, phone, laptop, benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401K, PTO.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org