Position in the company
The Global Demand Planner reports to the Global Supply Chain Director
Purpose of the job
As a Global Demand Planner you create the Global Demand Plan for finished goods and facilitate the various steps in our S&OP process with the aim to optimize inventory, product availability and cost. You analyze data, and cooperate effectively with Sales, Downstream Operations, Marketing and Product Development at all levels. Together with the Global Supply Planner you create and adjust the final constrained Global Demand Plan and make sure that it is properly implemented, and all relevant departments are timely and properly informed. You continuously follow up and improve forecast accuracy, product availability, inventory health and data quality. You consolidate the S&OP cycle on a monthly basis and summarize status, actions and interventions to the global leadership team.
Responsibilities of the job
- Create an unconstrained Global Demand Plan through facilitating local market demand review meetings and regional / global consensus meetings. You do this based on providing a statistical base forecast and formats / processes for the various regional supply chain / sales teams to use.
- Ensure that the volume in the forecast reflects current business strategy plans so that product is available to meet sales requirements and the business can grow; provide a monthly update on total company S&OP sales volume versus targets.
- Measure forecasting/demand planning KPI´s (accuracy, consumption etc.) and frequently report on forecast/demand data, with the aim of continuously improving S&OP results like product availability and inventory.
- Set priorities and make decisions in case of shortages in seeds (within agreed boundaries).
- Continuously strive to improve forecasting techniques, method and approach.
- Propose stock strategies and planning parameters based on expected demand
- Facilitate a constructive supply review process whereby the monthly generated demand plan is evaluated for optimized sourcing and consolidated in the global consensus plan.
- Propose and execute plans to improve efficiency and quality of planning processes across Cordstrap, including IT upgrades, new tools and ways of working.
You are part of the planning team, and report to the supply chain planning director. You work autonomously with sales, supply chain, and financial colleagues around the world, at all levels of our organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business engineering/economics or related field, with at least 3 years successful experience in Logistics/Supply Chain/Sales planning
- Analytical skills including data evaluation, identification, solution development and implementation; precise in data analysis and presentation
- Excellent communication, consulting, and challenging skills
- Understanding of forecasting techniques
- Strong personality with natural authority and able to connect with people (culture / style) and business
- Self-motivated and goal oriented, with a positive proactive attitude and a high degree of initiative
- Independent and pro-active in solving problems
- Team player across functions and divisions
- Fluent English is a must, other languages are a plus
- Advanced user of Excel, Powerpoint and Access
- Knowledge and insights of financial (inventory related) aspects (e.g. write-offs, provisions);
- Willing to travel (10-20%)
Are you curious to know more about this vacancy or already convinced that you want to apply? please contact Rachel van Bakel, HR Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org.