Reports into Global ESG Leader
Oostrum (near Venray)
Cordstrap has always believed there is a better way. That’s why, for over 55 years, we have been dedicated to making the movement of goods safer. Our innovative solution-led approach began with the development of a non-metallic strapping system that was strong as steel and safe to use. And our passion for continuous improvement and application evolution is unwavering. Cordstrap’s consultative, Protection Engineering approach is designed to engineer out risks associated with goods that are on the move, enabling businesses to operate with confidence and thrive.
Cordstrap is committed to environmental sustainability and responsible business practices. We are excited to announce a unique opportunity for a passionate individual to join our team and contribute to our commitment to sustainability. At Cordstrap B.V., a leading provider of cargo securing solutions, we are embarking on a comprehensive sustainability initiative, and we are seeking a dedicated professional to spearhead the Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) research for our flagship products.
- Data Collection and Analysis: Gather data from various departments and external sources to compile information relevant to Scope 3 emissions and product footprint calculations.
- Scope 3 Emissions Calculation: Assist in the calculation and documentation of Scope 3 emissions, including emissions associated with the company's supply chain, business travel, and other indirect activities.
- Product Footprint/LCA Calculations: Collaborate with the sustainability team to conduct Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) calculations for our products, including assessing their environmental impact from raw material extraction to end-of-life disposal.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records of data sources, calculations, and methodologies used in emissions and product footprint/LCA calculations.
- Reporting: Support in the preparation of sustainability reports and communications for both internal and external stakeholders, showcasing the company's progress in sustainability initiatives.
- Assistance in Sustainability Projects: Contribute to sustainability projects, initiatives, and campaigns as needed, offering your insights and assistance.
For this interesting and challenging internship we are looking for an enthusiastic bachelor’s degree student in the field of industrial engineering, or a related field, with affinity to sustainability. On top of that the following skills are applicable on you:
- Independently organize and carry out your work within the team
- Analytical mindset
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and data analysis tools
- Known with sustainability concepts, greenhouse gas emissions and LCA is a plus
- Good level of English and Dutch
What does Cordstrap offer?
- A challenging subject in an international active company
- The opportunity to develop yourself in a fast moving company
- A highly concerned accompanist who helps to make the assignment a success.
- A place in a friendly team with a familial atmosphere
- Internship allowance conform our personnel policy
- Market conform travel compensation
As an intern at Cordstrap you have the unique opportunity to make a difference. Your opinion matters and we take that very seriously. We have the passion to protect, based on our key values;
- Flat and open
- Agile and innovative
- Execution driven
- Customer centric
So, do you want to make an impact by diving in our CO2 emissions and find out how we can reduce them? Do not hesitate to contact us. We would be pleased to welcome you to get to know each other better.
Have you become enthusiastic about this role as a Sustainability Intern?
Then send your CV and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to your application!