Global Key Account Manager Chemical Industry
VP Global Accounts (VP Product & Marketing a.i.)
Oostrum, the Netherlands
For this position there is a 40 hour work week
Our company has long-standing customer relationships with many of the world's leading companies, based on the expertise and passion to help the customer meet any cargo challenge. In total, over 25.000 customers worldwide in the Chemical Industry, the Automotive Industry, Machinery & Equipment and Food & Beverage Industry are serviced through Strapping, Lashing or Dunnage Bags Solutions. Looking forward, Cordstrap is committed to grow the business with the following four routes-to-market or Sales Models, that will allow a more structured and professionalized approach to sales:
- Global Account Team
- Field Sales
- (Exclusive) Distributor franchise
- Customer Operations for smaller customers
The first two categories service around 700-800 customers worldwide and from this pool will emerge
the accounts that will be served by the Global Account Teams. In line with this process of change, new managers will be recruited in commercial functions.
The Global Key Account Manager will be responsible
for the given accounts on a global scale. The Key Account Manager will report to the VP Global Accounts. The Key Account Manager will be supported by
a multi-disciplinary account team. He/She will form
part of a team that further consists of other Global Account Managers, Business Development Specialists and Global Application Specialists.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Acquisition, Development and Maintenance of a selected number of large, international, complex accounts within the chemical industry
- Understand the key accounts strategically and be deeply involved in all relevant matters of the key accounts – long term plans including footprint and supply chain changes and requirements, packaging developments and needs, volume and general market requirements etc.
- Initiate, implement, drive and control key account plans and budgets globally
- Lead the multi-disciplinary account teams in a motivating and inspiring way.
- Building up know how in Key Account Management for the company, sharing this and passing this on.
- Ensure an efficient communication and team approach between Key Account, regional sales, key account management, headquarter functions.
- Acquire new business; ensure the flow of relevant information to the headquarter functions and the regional sales representatives.
- Understand the different decision makers and key stake holders at the client and orchestrate and drive the communication accordingly
- Take responsibility for negotiations of supply agreements, commercial management of the account and further account directed activities
- Introduce new products and applications (in cooperation with Product & Marketing), follow up on samples and ideas of customer and report on findings and results
- Ensure customer satisfaction
Education, Training and Competencies
- Chemical or Business Administration University Degree
- 8 - 12 years of professional experience in a global B2B Key Account Management role for or in the chemical industry
- A proven track record in revenue management in an international solutions and services environment
- Good understanding of chemical technology is a plus, in-depth understanding of the industry dynamics is a must
- Well-developed communication, presentation and negotiation skills together with good persuasion and influencing skills. The person must be able to interact with clients, stakeholders and international colleagues on different levels of the organization
- He/she will have a dynamic personality with a lot of drive and energy, being eager to further develop the business, passionate and able to energize others
- Solid experience in leading multi-disciplinary account teams and bringing them to superior results through motivation and inspiration
- He/she will be entrepreneurial in his/her mind set, pragmatic with a “can do” attitude and a good feeling for the market.
- Extensive global experience, preferably having lived overseas
- Excellent command of English and good notions of German
- There must be willingness for frequent international travel
Your application for this position can be addressed to Mr. Schubert from Eric Salmon & Partner.