Regional Sales Manager
Philadelphia, Detroit, Chicago, Atlanta and/or Houston
Who we are
Cordstrap is a fast growing, highly ambitious multi-national player in Cargo Securing, since 1965. Through strong entrepreneurship and application expertise in the field of cargo securing we have become a global leader in our industry. An achievement we are very proud of and after 50 years of steady growth, healthy margins and market expansion, we are now accelerating our growth by increasing the impact we have in the market. In this, we have defined a 5-pillar strategy, in which Application Driven Innovation, Superior Cargo Securing Knowledge and Impactful Market Activation play a crucial role. We are professionalizing & developing the organization on a strategic, functional and operational level.
If you are a hands-on self-motivated, detail-oriented person who enjoys building relationships, Cordstrap has a great opportunity for professional growth!
Objective of this Role
The Regional Sales Manager leads and develops a team of 6-12 Account Managers over a multi-state region to exceed revenue and profitability targets by maximizing sales force effectiveness and efficiency.
- Leads assigned team by orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate and role model behaviors and commercial competencies for the commercial Organization to aspire to
- Proactively facilitates the sharing of insight (market, Customer, industry) from the Team with relevant Cordstrap stakeholders to influence and shape best practice and enable delivery of business plans
- Enabling the delivery of business objectives by motivating and upskilling his/her team in line with Cordstrap competencies and the ONE Way of operating
- Achieves sales operational objectives by contributing sales information and recommendations to strategic- and tactical plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; implementing change.
- Meets sales financial objectives by realizing New Business and Repeat Business targets; forecasting requirements; assists in preparing annual budgets; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Maintains and expands customer base by counseling Account Managers; building and maintaining rapport with key customers; identifying new customer opportunities.
- Analyzes market development to identify sales- and new product opportunities, service level changes; surveying consumer needs and trends; tracking competitors.
- Leads by example, engages the sales team and stimulates initiative taking.
- Drives performance by applying the appropriate leadership style, motivating team members for continuous improvement through hands-on coaching, consistent evaluations and positive feedback.
- Drives profitable growth at accounts and participate in joint calls with sales force on a regular and consistent basis.
- Drives the sales team to sell the right product for the right application, optimizing product-mix management and customer-mix management in line with strategic growth objectives.
- Provides guidance and guidelines on segment- and transactional pricing to the sales team to maximize customer profitability.
- Works closely with S&OP to provide accurate sales forecasts to align Sales and Operations to determine and optimize inventory and service levels.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, ability to inspire team members, natural leader.
- Managerial experience of commercial management in cargo securing systems is a benefit.
- Significant sales experience – in depth understanding of the sales process and value-based selling.
- Ability to work under pressure and if necessary, take disciplinary action and make tough decisions.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Disciplined and result driven; winning mentality.
- Team player.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Self-starter and able to motivate teams to produce high quality performance and reporting within tight timeframes.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Computer skills (MS Office).
Interested? Email HR firstname.lastname@example.org