Business Development Manager
Who we are
Since 1965, Cordstrap has remained the world leader at the forefront of a revolution in the protection of cargo. Our mission is to keep the world’s cargo safe – by providing products and solutions that ensure our customers’ precious assets are secure on rail, sea, road and air.
With multiple international manufacturing locations and operations in over 50 countries worldwide, Cordstrap combines a powerful product suite with a collaborative approach and the best quality training, application expertise and legislative insights for our customers’ staff. Cordstrap is trusted by over 25,000 businesses worldwide to secure their valuable cargo for all domestic and international shipping challenges.
The Business Development Manager will cover a multi-state territory acquiring new customers and retaining existing customers. This person will be responsible for driving growth within an establish territory to ensure customer needs are being met. This person will work from a home-based office and report to the Director of Sales for North America.
- Maintain and build strong relationships with new and current customers
- Increase market share in the designated geographic area through new business development and account management
- Identify customer’s specifications to ensure meeting their expectations and staying within manufacturing requirements
- To take immediate action on any customer to ensure retention of business and growth
- To ensure the product meets or exceeds customer specifications including all Quality Standards assigned.
- Interact with customers on regular basis to resolve quality issues, improvements, product/process changes which affect the product functionality and performance
- Utilize consultative selling to demonstrate total cost of ownership reduction to customers
- Educate and re-enforce to all customers or internal associates’ processes, procedures, prices, cost, and contribution which build understanding of manufacturing parts for the customer
- Identify new customers and actively introduce Company products and applications as a solution to their needs
- Maintain accurate customer information through daily use of CRM
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of industrial sales experience
- 1-3 years business development experience
- Ability to perform professional demonstrations of product applications in field-based environments
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and work in various industrial environments
- Ability to work under pressure, self-starter
- Ability to sell from the Board Room to shop floor
- Exceptional time management, organizational, and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and strong presentation skills
- Strong outgoing sales personality and ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Proven track record for exceeding sales targets
- Proficient in Microsoft office and CRM tools
- Ability for travel within assigned territory
What’s on offer
Competitive base salary, uncapped bonus with quarterly payments, monthly car allowance, phone, laptop, benefits, 401K, PTO.
Interested? Email HR email@example.com