Position in the company
Western PA/Eastern OH
Who we are
Since 1965, Cordstrap has remained the world leader in the protection of cargo. Our mission is to keep the world’s cargo safe by providing products and solutions that ensure our customers’ assets are secure when shipping via rail, sea, road, and in the air.
With multiple international manufacturing locations and operations in over 50 countries worldwide, Cordstrap combines a powerful product suite with a collaborative approach. We offer the best quality training, application expertise, and legislative insights for our customers’ staff. Cordstrap is trusted by over 25,000 businesses worldwide to secure their valuable cargo for all domestic and international shipping challenges.
The Account Manager will cover up to a 1-2 state territory, managing retention, and growth. This territory will generate $1.9MM in revenue this year, with the opportunity for double-digit growth YOY through cross-selling and new business development. This person will be responsible for driving this growth within their establish territory, ensuring your meeting customer needs. This position works from a home-based office and reports to a Regional Sales Manager.
- Maintain and build strong relationships with new and current customers
- Take immediate action on any customer to ensure retention of business and growth
- Increase market share in the designated geographic area through account management and new business development.
- Generate new customers and actively introduce Company solutions and applications as a solution to their needs
- Partner with National Account Managers and Segment Teams to launch, grow, and retain Multi-Location Accounts
- Become a cargo securing expert by learning relevant legislation and regulations, and how that affects the solutions we offer our clients
- Utilize consultative selling to demonstrate the total cost of ownership reduction to customers
- Maintain accurate customer information through daily use of CRM
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of sales experience required
- Ability to perform professional demonstrations of product applications in field-based environments
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and work in various industrial environments
- Ability to work independently and is a self-starter
- Ability to sell from the Board Room to shop
- Exceptional time management, organizational, and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and strong presentation skills
- Strong outgoing sales personality and ability to work in a collaborative environment when needed
- Additional traits: flexible, creative, and motivated
- A proven track record for exceeding sales targets
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and CRM tools
- The ability for travel within your assigned territory with little overnight travel expected
What’s on offer
Competitive base salary, uncapped bonus with quarterly payments, monthly car allowance, phone, laptop, benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401K, PTO.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com