Quality & Safety
Position in the organization
Global Quality & Safety Director
Main objective of the role
The Quality Manager will be responsible for operational Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) programs and & its execution, provide the day to day support to the Operations team for measurement & management of product quality, ensuring quality across the product portfolio manufactured at the Cordstrap Sturtevant plant, in addition to ensuring that all QA/QC programs & procedures meet the regulatory & customer compliances. Furthermore, the Quality Manager provides data and troubleshooting support to the Operations Team.
- Comply with established corporate policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods and safety codes.
- Continually review QA systems and procedures to meet current and future internal requirements, as well as national and international Health, Safety Environmental & Quality (HSEQ) standards.
- Liaising with other managers and staff, particularly in areas such as design, production and purchasing.
- Establish and implement necessary communication strategy for the improvement and awareness of quality, safety and business risks issues across all departments, and identify and implement relevant quality-related training needs.
- Investigating and responding to customer complaints per ISO10002 principles.
- Implementation and support of continuous improvement processes, product or services and assisting the new product development process.
- Performing internal and external (supplier) audits, managing non- conformances and supporting/supervising technical staff in carrying out internal or external compliance audits.
- Review, rewrite and define quality procedures and safety regulations in conjunction with relevant standards and operating staff.
- Overview and execute testing of materials and products for various reasons like quality control, complaint investigation, research & developments, etc.
- Maintain and further develop incoming goods inspections based on Acceptable Quality Limit (AQL) principles per ISO2859 series.
- Assessing suppliers' product specifications and QA process and certification.
- Acting as key contact with customers' auditors and being responsible for ensuring the execution of corrective actions and on-going compliance with customers' specifications.
- Setting up, maintaining and reviewing relevant controls, reports and documentation procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree – preferably Technical Business Administration.
- 3 -5 years of relevant work experience is paramount, coupled with experience within a technical/mechanical engineering environment.
- Experience of working with a Lotus Notes-, ERPlx systems and Microsoft Office would be an advantage.
- Must read, write and speak fluent professional English.
- Excellent communication skills both written
- Experience in ISO 9001 implementation is expected and required along with the ability to produce relevant reports and presentations accurately and concisely.
- Experience in testing materials and products with
a (Zwick/Atmet) tensile tester or willing to follow training course in operating tensile testers.
- Enthusiastic with a drive for excellence on all quality and safety matters.
- Focused on people (internal and external customers) and processes.
- Able to convince, inspire and motivate people.
- Team player, who is able to work with people on the shop floor up to and including higher management.
- Is not afraid to propose new ideas and is able
to sell them.
- Pragmatic – converts ideas into realistic actions.
- Collaborative and professional.
- Well-rounded personality, decisive and calm
For this position there is a 40 hour work week.
To apply for this job, send your CV and letter of motivation to Marc Croonenberg, VP Global Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org.